DipX is a highly effective dip for safely introducing new corals and live rocks to your aquarium.
A simple 15-minute bath in DipX before placing a new coral in the aquarium will drive away unwanted “hitchhikers”, thereby maintaining the safety of your reef.
New corals often come with unwanted “hitchhikers” hidden deep inside the corals’ crevices. These various tiny creatures are usually invisible to the naked eye, and once in the aquarium, they can migrate to other corals and damage your delicate reef eco-system.
Over the years, reef hobbyists have used generic baths solutions such as fresh water, Iodine, and even household disinfectants, all of which repel some of the hitchhikers, but not all of them.
For the past few years, we have been cultivating tanks with infested corals and comparing a wide range of commercially available dips and other repelling ingredients, examining both their effectiveness and their overall safety for the corals.
The result is DipX – a unique blend of essential oils, without inorganic disinfectants. Our tests have shown that DipX is completely safe for all kinds of corals and more effective than any other solution we tested.
Corals that were bathed in DipX still repelled unwanted “hitchhikers”, even though they were previously dipped in other solutions On the other hand, corals that were dipped in other solutions after they were bathed in DipX did not repel anything.
- Safe for all kinds of corals: SPS, LPS and Soft corals, Zoanthids, mushroom anemones (Discosoma and Ricordea) and live rocks.
- Effectively drives away Acropora eating flatworm, Montipora eating nudibranch, Acropora Red Bug and other coral “hitchhikers”.
- Slows down RTN and STN (external bath only).
- Free of inorganic elements such as potassium iodide or bromide.
- Easy to use, reliable and cost-effective
Notes for use
- Pour DipX into an empty container. Verify the container is both clean and dry beforehand.
- Use 10 ml of DipX (diluted 1:100 with aquarium water) to prepare 1L/0.26gallons of bath mix.
- Place your new coral or live rock in the container for no more than 15 minutes.
- Bath solution can be reused for up to four batches of corals/rocks but should be discarded within 2 hours from preparation.